Contact: Laura Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Richard’s EyUp Skills are launching the Entrepreneurship Academy with TEAM SY, building on the success of their Coding Academy. Expressions of Interest are open now via this landing page. Not much info online about the programme yet, but in essence it will be a 6 month incubation / acceleration programme in which teams of individuals will build a startup. They will have space at WANDisco’s offices and will have access to their pool of mentors.
- TEAM SY held an event to mark International Women’s Day which was well received. The panel included female entrepreneurs and investors. This event was also to support KTN who are building out a Women in Innovation network – there will be more information available about this next month.
- NorthInvest held a roundtable discussion (hosted by British Business Bank) to introduce the South Yorkshire Angel Hub. Investors and stakeholders from the business support landscape in South Yorkshire discussed some of the challenges and opportunities for angel investment in the region. A landing page is coming soon for the SYAH, but in the meantime if you have any high net-worth individuals in your networks who want to connect with other angels and meet great startups, please contact Charlene at NorthInvest: Charlene.email@example.com.
- GovTech Academy will have a showcase event on 30th March. Not so much pitching for investment, but an opportunity to present their public sector innovation products and services to a wider audience. If you are interested in attending, please register here.
- We’re delighted to be welcoming two new accelerators to the region, currently under embargo but I’m hoping they will both be at SIAN to introduce themselves. One is focussed on tech-for-good, the other is for immigrant founders moving to the UK.