STP has had a busy couple of months delivering our cohort based pre-accelerator Project 22. This is coming to an end and we expect to take forward 4 businesses to Cooper Project for longer term support and potential investment.
Our approach to promoting this cohort was outside our usual channels of twitter and linkedin and instead made use of targeted social media adverts (mainly Facebook). This enabled us to focus on postcodes and backgrounds that we know we do not usually attract, and has paid off. We feel this is a good approach for accelerators to move towards an inclusive and diverse cohort recruitment.
- LOCATE member TUBR who we have supported to land in the region are now employing 4.5 FT positions.
- Ferrio, a Cooper Project alumnus has a made a hire and plans on a further 2nd role in the new year.
- Cheribim – a current Cooper Project member – has been awarded an innovate UK grant and has made a hire for the project.
- Tubr and Ferrio pitched at the recent Investor Lounge on Wednesday 30th November. They delivered their pitches very well.
- Oort Energy have recently moved in to STP and are showing signs of rapidly scaling, already working on pilot projects with large multinationals.
- We hosted an entrepreneur talks and networking event between STP internal incubation programs and we had a very good turnout, we got 23 people. Every enjoyed listening founder startups stories and exchanging ideas as founders. We hope to host more similar events after New Year.
Meetups and Events continue to be well attended with new meetups happening and the monthly pitch event continues. We do see the perennial issues of drop off for attendance and wonder how to fix this. It’d be good to discuss with fellow SIAN members.
Contact: Rose Tran – email@example.com